The Power of a Creative and Passionate Unusual Corporate Culture
The Gala Dinner took place at “St. George Lycabettus” Hotel, on Wednesday, June 25th, 2008 and it was organized by ALBA Alumni Association in collaboration with ALBA Graduate Business School. The esteemed guest speaker was Dr. Alexander Paufler, former President & CEO of Mercedes Benz Hellas (Greece). Dr. Alexander Paufler explained to the participants, how professionals & managers can benefit by using the unique characteristics of a corporate culture so as to communicate effectively and eventually transform creative ideas to successful business stories.
The event was sponsored by Lease Plan Hellas S.A.
Curriculum Vitae of Dr. Alexander Paufler :
- 1953 born in Bad Hersfeld (Germany)
- 1972- 1977 Studies in Economics & Business Administration (Universities of Tuebingen, Saarbruecken and Duisburg); MBA in Saarbruecken
- 1977-1979 PhD
- 1979 Coopers & Lybrand (Audit & Tax Department)
- 1981 Daimler-Benz AG (Tax Department)
- Certified Tax Consultant (Steuerberater)
- 1985-1990 Senior Tax Manager at Peat Marwick (Frankfurt am Main/Tokyo)
- “International Tax Diagnostic Reviews” for major companies, e.g. Bayer and Daimler- Benz (now Daimler) Business Development
- 1990 Mercedes-Benz Japan (CFO and CIO) Leading MBJ/ DCJ through the recession with profitable growth Managing the merger with Chrysler in Japan to DaimlerChrysler Japan
- 2000 Mitsubishi Motors Corporation Senior Executive Officer (Head of Finance & Tax) Funding major industrial projects and M&As, Financial Management of the Mitsubishi-Fuso demerger
- 2004 President & CEO of Mercedes-Benz Hellas (Greece)